The xMax CN7000 Mobile Control Center is the backbone network element in the xMax regional network. The CN7000-MCC controls the delivery of the voice and data services, and manages all elements in the regional network including access points and end-user devices. The xMax CN7000-MCC is typically connected to the Internet/Global Information Grid (GIG) and one or more VoIP soft switches.
All three planes of the network operations (Management, Control and Transport) are realized in a single-rack starter configuration, and can be expanded as network coverage and traffic grow. While it offers a rich set of functions supporting xMax voice services today, the CN7000-MCC will also be upgraded over the course of the lifetime of the network with new functions supporting additional features and services, while reducing the cost of operations.
The main building blocks of the CN7000-MCC are:
- Transport Plane: The Configuration server provides network configuration information to access points and end-user devices.
- Control Plane: the Configuration Authentication server provides network configuration information to access points and end-user devices. The Signaling Controller supports the processing and delivery of all Voice over IP (VoIP) calls.
- Management Plane: xMonitor provides FCAPS functions for daily management of the xMax network.
Key features of the CN7000-MCC:
- Modular, redundant, pay-as-you-grow
- Interworking between xMax specialized Mobile VoIP and wireline VoIP
- Optimization for mobile voice and data
- High availability: redundant RAID drives, redundant firewall, included UPS
- Network Managemen for the xMax network and services
- 100% IP-based for low CAPEX and OPEX, and fast learning curve