The xMax CN1300 is a compact 802.11 (Wi-Fi) access point and antenna combination. Its size and weight have been optimized to allow for easy installation on towers, buildings, or utility poles. The CN1300 is a key element in xMax network infrastructure solutions targeted to the rural broadband sector. It was designed for deployment in a converged, integrated system that includes the xMax CN1100 900MHz Access Point and CN3200 Dual-Band Routing Modem. The CN3200 is an award-winning compact subscriber device that operates in both the 900 MHz and 2.4 GHz spectrum bands, providing automatic switching between the xMax and Wi-Fi protocols depending on the user’s application.
This market-unique combination of the two unlicensed (i.e., free-to-use) 900MHz and 2.4GHz spectrum segments provide the following attributes in the same system:
- fixed location high data rates that far exceed newly released FCC standards for rural broadband throughput.
- reliable high-speed mobility with handovers between the xMax and Wi-Fi wireless protocols that are seamless and transparent to users.
This makes it a highly profitable solution for WISPs (wireless internet service providers), telcos and other rural service providers.
Key features of the CN1300 include:
- Reliable high-bandwidth: delivery of VoIP, video and Internet services
- Long range and NLOS coverage: optimized for long-range and challenging propagation conditions
- Easy installation: Full environmental enclosure, self-optimizing RF planning & load balancing
- Powerful management tools: remotely monitor signal level, throughput, and other metrics via xMonitor®
- POE-powered for ease of installation